Saturday, January 02, 2010

Welcome MMX!

It's a new year, full of fresh promise and possibilities.

A friend of mine recently shared his "list" with me. Similar to resolutions, but less loaded, don't you think? His list was very specific, with clear outcomes and definate goals. Not too long, ambitious enough to make him reach but not so much that he'd give up a week in.

My goals this year include: explore what a basement remodel could look like in terms of design, cost and what I could do on my own without a contractor. I want to declutter more (when don't I?), but I have some specific goals. I'd like to reduce the amount of stored "back-up" items that I have. There are items I have saved that I do not need to keep. Those must go out the door.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do this.
No more bins.
No more "this will come in handy for someone." Time to let go, and be freed. Free yourself! One scrap or one room at a time. Get help to get the heavy or hard stuff out.Set goals with deadlines. You can do this! And by the way, I'm not just talking to myself!

Fiona said...

I came across your blog a few days ago and have been enjoying reading about your journey in your archives. You are very inspiring! Keep up the good work and thanks for keeping me on with the decluttering.

Laurel Alanna McBrine said...

I just posted something about this - I always keep in mind the words of William Morris:

www.creativelifeskills.blogspot.com

Do you love it? Do you use it (NOT will you use it, my bete noir)?

If no is the answer, let it go and open up room in your life for something better.

All the best with your continued journey!

The Steve Wilkos Show said...

Hello
My name is Natalia and I am a Production Assistant for the Steve Wilkos Show. Steve wants to help out families with hoardering problems. We pay for everything, flights to get to Connecticut and back home, food, clothes, entertainment, etc. We are contacting different support groups to see if they know anyone or if they can help us find the family that needs the help the most. You can contact my Associate Producer Kristin at a toll free number (877) 836-3405 or at her desk (203) 564-5212. We check our emails everyday so you can also email us at stevewilkosprod@yahoo.com .
Thank you
Natalia
Production Assistant
The Steve Wilkos Show

my blog said...

A nice article . thanks fore share . I get many interesting thing from here .

check my blog update said...

this kind of i always looking for . thanks for share this . i am really happy for share this .

nice stuff said...

nice article this is .

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.